Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 29 September 2014

Sparkly Butterflies

Well, haven't I been a bad blogger......it is almost a month since I last posted a 
card! However, I think I have a pretty good excuse,....life! Okay, it's not really
an excuse because I know all of you are in the same situation. 

There have been extra activities at the Fort, with some other exciting events
as well. One of the largest papercraft stores in Australia, Catchy Crafts,
asked me to work for them for the annual craft show in Newcastle. I was
their demonstartor for the 4 days...exhausting, but great fun. On the Staurday
night of that weekend, John and I came out of performing retirement for the 
50th wedding anniversary of a couple we have known for about 25 years...
we have played for every one of their families' celebrations (weddings, 
21sts etc) for all those years. We had a lovely night seeing them again.

The following weekend, I went to my annual 'Stamp Camp', and spent 4
fabulous days, catching up with old friends, and getting a good start on my
Christmas card making. I will show you some of my efforts in the
 coming weeks.


Last week, my dear friend and neighbour, Rosalie, celebrated her
 birthday. She LOVES blue and flowers, so I was happy to incorporate
those elements on the card I made for her.

Inside my card matches the front. The four butterflies are all smothered
generously with Star Dust Stickles, but as usual the lovely sparkle
does not show up well in the photos.

Challenges I would like to enter :-
Alphabet - 'Q' for Quadruple (3 butterflies on front, 1 inside)
Crafty Catz #248 - 'Birthday Celebrations'
The Squirrel and the Fox #78 - 'Happy Birthday'

Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles; Cheery Lynn Butterfly Trio Large and Small
Sentiment - Lili Of The Valley
Paper - Unknown (from my stash)
Gems from my stash

Domesticity calls...I must go and hang the washing on the line. It will dry quickly as the temperature is in the low 30s C today, yet 3 weeks ago it was snowing nearby???

I will be back on Thursday with a new challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, so until then, thank you for visiting.

Hugs, 
Jennifer. x





8 comments:

  1. Well it sounds as if your month was well used hun! Oh my, such a busy girl. And your card for your friend is beautiful, so delicate and elegant. Gorgeous. Nice to see the month away hasn't affected your amazing creativity. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun, well done on the demoing and performing too. Fab card, bet your friend loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jennifer thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I'm sure your friend was delighted with it

    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. I love all those sparkly butterflies.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful. I love all those sparkly butterflies.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! I absolutely love the sparkly butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card,
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.