Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 5 June 2014

Popcorn and Friend

My goodness, how quickly do the months go by!! It is the first Thursday of June,
and therefore it is time for a new challenge at Crafty Little Fairies. Our theme 
this month is usually always a popular one.......
'SPOTS AND STRIPES'
To qualify for a prize, you must use spots and stripes on your project, and as
always, you must use a stamped or digi image, not a pre-coloured 'topper'.

Speaking of prizes, this month we have five wonderful sponsors...





Thank you so much to each of  them.

You may remember that recently I 'catalogued' all my dies, so (it's a bit like
renovating a house - once you start, you can't stop) I am doing the same
with my embarrassingly vast collection of stamps. What is even more 
embarrassing, is that I am finding so many that have never seen ink!!
This is one of them. I don't know why, as it is so cute.
It is a very large image, so I had to cut around it by hand. I then used Stickles
to hide my 'wonky' cutting. (I think I should have done the same with the 
matting layer, cut with deckle-edged scissors).

A closer look at Popcorn, and his little friend, coloured with Promarkers.

Inside my card. Those pretty leaves are part of a prize I won recently in a 
challenge. I think I will be using them a lot more.

Challenges
A Little Bit Crafty - 'Child's Play'
Crafty Cardmakers and More #116 - 'Use 1 or More Flourishes'
Cute Card Thursday #324 - 'Perfectly Pink'
Little Claire's #45 - 'Spots and Stripes' WINNER
Paper Crafting Journey - 'Perfect in Pink' 
Penny's Paper Crafty #180 - 'Bears or Mice' WINNER

Image - Crafter's Companion Popcorn the Bear Birthday Hugs
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - First Edition Spring Drop
Dies - Spellbinders Standard and Scalloped Circles, Decorative Labels Eight, Floral Flourishes, Pendants Eyelets; Sweet Stamps Elegant Leaves; Cheery Lynn Mini Dimentional Butterflies
Punch - EK Success Retro Flower (Lge); Carl Vinca (Mini)
Scissors - Fiskars Deckle Edge
Stickles - Star Dust
Ink for Sponging - Versacube Petal Pink
Ribbon and pink flower bead are from my junk stash

For a chance to win one of our lovely sponsors' prizes, why not visit us at Crafty Little Fairies, have a look at the beautiful creations by my fairy teamies, and enter our 'Spots and Stripes' challenge.

Until next time, thank you for looking,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




11 comments:

  1. It's a while since I have seen a Popcorn creation Jennifer so it's lovely to be reintroduced!! Love your card the pretty pastels are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Jennifer. The bear is so sweet and I love the colour scheme.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. The soft pastel colours suit the image perfectly. I really like how you have used a portion of the diecut for the bottom of the card, it looks so effective. The flourish leaves under your flower are perfect for our challenge. Can you tell me which die they are? The look like a 'must have' to me.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jennifer - and a real blast from the past….I just love Popcorn!
    You asked about which pearl paper I used for the flowers on my card - it was the Pearl Paper strips that you can get from Craftwork Cards. They come in pad with about 5 colours in and are designed for punching and such so the paper os not too thick. you then colour them on the reverse and the colour bleeds through which keeps the pearly look. :-)

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Jennifer - I have those first edition papers they are one of my favourites. Your cutting by hand is just about perfect - I would never have known if you hadn't said - you must be a good stickler lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and so pretty, love the soft colours. With my DT hat on thanks for playing at LC x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Jennifer. Love the stamp and you've coloured it so softly - it's perfect. Scrummy papers and great layout. Gorgeous. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very cute card and I love the image and colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card, Jennifer!
    I have this image as well, but I hardly use any of Popcorn the Bear anymore...
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "bears or mice” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and like you I find so many beautiful stamps in my collection I hope to use them but digi ones are just so fast and easy...gone are the days...I have had to re join your blog due to mine being hacked into.I was Memories to Keep..google let me know so now have had to start over again....please pop over and re join too....also I have wonderful sponsors for my candy...luv aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.