Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 10 February 2014

Holly Arrangement


It's never too early to start making our Christmas cards, is it. In fact, I know
many of you already have begun a collection for this year.

For a couple of my cards last Christmas I used this elegant image, that
began life in a packet of mini Christmas cards or gift tags, designed by 
Lucy Cromwell. The background paper is actually gift wrap. It is of 
beautiful quality, so I bought it for my card making. I couldn't bear to
use any of the roll as gift wrap, just to be thrown away after a gift 
had been unwrapped.

A closer look at the pretty image.

Inside my card is fairly CAS.

Challenges
Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - 'Festive Foliage'
Winter Wonderland - 'No Stamping Allowed'

Image - Lucy Cromwell
Paper - Gift wrap (brand unknown)
Die - Joycraft Lattice Corner Die 0135

I know many of you are experiencing cold and very wet weather, but I would love you to send some of it my way. We have had weeks and weeks of temperatures reaching the high 30s, with some mid 40s thrown in.

So many areas are now in severe drought, including us. We had some rain one evening 3 weeks ago, but by the next afternoon the ground was back to dust. I suppose I shouldn't complain that much of our garden is dead, because so many farmers are having to sell their cattle and sheep for a pittance, or just shoot them. Thankfully we now only have 1 horse, because he is having to be handfed...our paddocks are so bare, and what little grass there is, is brown and crackles underfoot. At least we do not have any of the terrifying bushfires, raging in Victoria, close by.

Why oh why can't we all have an equal share of warmth, cool, and the wet stuff!!!

Now I have had a good whinge I will just say "bye for now...and happy crafting".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, this is very pretty and I've done the same thing with wrapping paper....save it for my cardmaking. :) I love the colors of this and that corner diecut is fabulous. As for the weather, I live in the desert in Phoenix, AZ and we're always dry. Any company selling moisturizer makes a lot of money from us. :) Thanks for joining the challenge at Christmas at Sweeet Stampin! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and a great use for this pretty wrapping paper.
    Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland 'No Stamping' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card jennifer - love how the image and paper co-ordinate so perfectly. youa re right that there seems to be no consistency or happy medium with the weather ... while you are in a state of drought some areas here have had the worst floods in living memory - people are actually starting to say we should divert some of our foreign aid to our own domestic catastrophes! It has been exceptionally windy here in the northwest, though luckily up to now we have avoided any structural damage ... but there is another storm due tonight ....
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.