Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday, 23 January 2014

Hedgy in a Hurry!

Good morning, all my crafting friends. I know I have been fairly 'light' with my posts in the last 2 weeks,
but I do have a good excuse. I have been on holidays in beautiful New Zealand. John and I are sitting
in the departure lounge at Auckland airport, waiting for our flight to be called. I guess by this time 
tomorrow our wonderful holiday will just be a very happy memory...clothes washing, cooking, and
house cleaning will take care of that.

 While we were in New Zealand, one of my Crafty Little Fairy design team mates, Lisa (who lives in
England) celebrated her birthday. It was my turn to send her a card, so this is what I made for her.
I used one of my all time favourite Penny Black images. Sorry I can't tell you the name of it, but
of course I didn't bring my stamps with me (although John said I brought enough "junk" with me).
Edited Thank you Pauline...it is Hedgehog Bouquet.

A closer look at the little hedgy, coloured with Promarkers.

The inside of my card is very simple. I bought the gorgeous set of ivy dies for my birthday
a few weeks ago. I used the larger one in the set for the inside of my card, and the smaller 
one for the front. It was love at first sight, as I always love trailing ivy, and my beloved
grandmother's name was Ivy. Once again, I cannot remember the brand, so I will update
my products list when we get home. Edited Marianne Ivy Corners.

Challenges
Animal Friends #10 - 'Punches/Dies'
Crafting For All Seasons - 'For The Girls'
Passion For Promarkers #231 - 'Ribbon, Lace, or Twine'
Penny Black - 'New'
Sentimental Sundays #190 - 'More Than 3 Layers'
Stampin' For The Weekend - 'Happy Birthday'
The Crafter's Cafe - 'Funny or Whimsical'

Image -Penny Black Hedgehog Bouquet
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Penny Black
Paper - First Edition Blank Canvass
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, and Rectangles; Marianne Ivy Corners; Cheery Lynn Butterfly Trio
Stickles - Star Dust
Ribbon and lace, from my junk stash 

As you can imagine, we took lots of photos during our holiday. When I sort them all out, 
I will post a few of my favourites, so until then..."Happy Crafting".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x



16 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer - this card is gorgeous. I love the cute image, and the colours are so beautiful. I must look out for the ivy die as it finishes off your card so well.
    Your holiday sounds amazing and I look forward to seeing some of your pictures on your blog.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fabulous holiday....enjoy the washing pile!
    A gorgeous card, that little hedgy is so sweet.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer ... So glad you have enjoyed your holiday, and what a sweet card. I have this hedge in my blog header :-) he is called "Hedgehog bouquet". Love your trailing ivy too ... So pretty!
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine wundervolle Karte. Sehr schön.

    Danke daß du bei den AF mitmachst.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, thanks for joining us at Crafters Cafe this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das ist großartig geworden!
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine TN bei Animal Friends
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card !
    Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends challenge.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a fantastic time on holiday and look forward to seeing some photos!
    You did a fabulous job on this card; so full of pretty details and I love that sweet image :-)
    Big hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. die ist ja toll.... wundervolle Stanzen hast Du dafür benutzt

    danke fürs mitmachen bei der Animal Friends Challenge

    liebe Grüße
    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card!! Thank you for joining us at PFP this week and good luck :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, so pretty :0)
    thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card. Your image is beautifully colored! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet & gorgeous colours. Thank you for playing along with us at PFP & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. that hedgehog is awfully sweet but those corner leaf embellies are just the best! thanks for playing with us at SFTW. I hope you come back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card...fab colours - I'm sure Lisa loved it!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.