Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 8 July 2013

Baby Girl Hedgie


*****************
I am bursting to tell you some incredibly exciting news, 
but not just yet.....you will have to wait........
*****************
Hello to all on this bitterly cold July morning, 
It is actually our 41st Wedding Anniversary today,
(and they said it wouldn't last!!).
This is the card I made for my darling John a few months ago 
for a challenge, then hid it until today...you can see the whole post here.

***************
I made this card months ago, and forgot to post it in my blog, so thought I would show you today. The image is my favourite 'go-to' stamp for baby cards - Penny Black's Baby Hammock.
It was for a dear friend who had just become a grandmother for the first time. I apologise for the bad photography, but I only just finished the card before she was due to visit me. I had to rush to take the photos and did not have time to upload them and check that were were okay.
Pastel ginghams and plaids seem to suit baby cards so well, don't they. I don't know what brand the embossing folder is, but I seem to remember that the design may be 'Butterflies and Vines'.

Challenges:-
Allsorts #214 - 'My Favourite Things' (babies-human or animal; 
pink; promarkers; flowers; butterflies)
A Gem of a Challenge #87 - 'Lots of Layers'
Penny Black and More - 'Dies and Punches'
Addicted to Stamps #60 - 'Lots Of Layers'
That Craft Place - 'Ribbons and/or Lace'
Sweet Stampin' - 'Butterflies and Bows'
Cutie Pie #48 - 'Cute and Cuddly'
The Ribbon Girls - 'Add A Bow'

Stamp - Penny Black Baby Hammock
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - unknown, from a 12x12 stack (have lost cover)
Dies - Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped Circles, and Lacey Circles
Punch - Martha Stewart 
Embossing - ? Butterflies and Vines
Charm, Ribbon, Pearls, Peel-off Sticker all from my junk stash

I just hope the weather is warmer than here wherever you are. 

Thanks for visiting - "happy crafting"!
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

17 comments:

  1. this is adorable - definitely right for our "cute and cuddly" challenge

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Jennifer and thanks for sharing with us this week at Sweet Stampin
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah such a sweet and adorable card Jennifer! I love that PB image and the inside looks lovely as well! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card Jennifer. Your image must be one of the favourites on the Penny Black stamp list. It works beautifully on your card with all the butterflies.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and I hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jennifer. The little PB hedgy is one of my favourites and so cute!
    Happy Anniversary, I hope you both have a lovely day.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww cute image & design lovely colour combo..great take on the LAYERS chall theme.


    Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this wk

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOnderful card, love the embossing and the cute image !
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very cute!! Love the beautiful papers, and the embossing. Perfect for a new little baby card. Thanks so much for sharing at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet image and love the pretty colours too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work.

    Thanks for joining with us at Sweet Stampin' and That Craft Place this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous creation Jennifer! Thank you so much for entering it to our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Jennifer. Cute PB image and I love the embossed panel and charm.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful creations.

    Thank you for joining in the challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
    http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk

    Julie (AnyOldCraft) GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I have this stamp and your card sure gives me incentive to get it out and use it. I don't think I've ever colored this image and LOVE how you did the daisies. The beautiful embossing is perfect and doesn't take your attention away from the image, but adds to the card. This is another gorgeous card and I love your layout, coloring, and...well,all of it!!!! --Gail

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.