Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 12 April 2013

Christmas Candle

Hello fellow crafters, and I would like to welcome my newest follower, Pauline, who runs the Card Crafter's Circle Challenge blog.

My goodness, aren't the weeks disappearing fast. There has been so much happening here that I didn't even realise that my blog turned one a few days ago. Where did that year go???

In addition to 2 unrelated sad events involving 2 close friends, I have been 'fighting' a virus for about a week...I have a very sore throat, mild earache, and I have absolutely no energy.

As a result of all this I am sorry to be late in telling you about our new challege at Penny's Paper Crafty, where our theme this week is a lovely one, that some people do find challenging -
'WHITE ON WHITE'
You may colour your image, but the remainder of the card must be white.
Our wonderful sponsors for this challenge are
and
I chose this lovely digital image, Christmas Candle, by Kathryne, of Stamp Art Designs. 
It is so pretty.
The background is embossed with a Fiskars plate, and I put Stickles on the centre 
of each snowflake. I bought the Fiskars plates many years ago, before I bought my 
Cuttlebug, but didn't use them once I had a collection of embossing folders. However, 
now that I mostly make square cards (146 x 146mm), I 'rediscovered' my plates. 
They fit in my C'bug, emboss beautifully, and are a perfect size for my square cards.
A closer look at Christmas Candle, coloured as usual with Promarkers.

I would like to enter the following challenges:-
C.R.A.F.T. #202 - 'Christmas'
Cheery Lynn #75 - 'Anything Goes'
I Love Promarkers #163 - 'Embossing'
Paper Crafting Journey - 'Monochromatic'
Forever Friends #59 - 'Die-cuts and Punches'
Moving Along With The Times - 'Inspired By A Song or Film'
'Candle In The Wind'

Image - Stamp Art Design digi stamp Christmas Candle
Colouring - Promarkers
Dies - Spellbinders Floral Ovals, Poinsettia; Cheery Lynn Holly Flourish, Holly Leaves Strip, Wreath Strip
Other - Stickles and brad from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.

"Happy Crafting", and thank you for visiting.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x



9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jennifer. It definitely has the WOW factor. A fab image and pretty embossing.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very beautiful Jennifer. It has elegance and style throughout. Th embossing is so pretty and your colourings and shadings are fabulous. Thank you for such a gorgeous showcase of the image. I'm sorry to hear of your sad news, and also not feeling well. Praying for you all. Feel better soon. Thank you for posting with so much going on. Love your card! xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping back to say thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely and perfect for the challenge on MAWTT this week, I adore white on white and you have it done perfectly here, stunnning, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card Jennifer. So very elegant. Love the embossing and all the die cuts. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ and good luck in the challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas project with us at CRAFT Challenges this week

    Good luck with the challenges

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card - very elegant. Love the image and the embossing.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi love your card!
    Thanks for joining our foreverfriends challenge! X Linda DT-FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! How detailed is this card - love the dies and the embossing - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.