Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 19 November 2012

Snowman Santa

Hello fellow crafters, and welcome to my new follower, Elaina1.

Tonight I am back with another Christmas card. It is for a crafting friend, but as she does not look at my blog, I know it is safe to show the card to you.

I always find it difficult to photograph multi-fold cards, such as this side-step card, so I must apologise for the abundance of photos.
I went completely overboard decorating this card, but then if we can't do that at Christmas, when can we.
This is a very old Penny Black stamp. It was very 'fiddly' to colour, but I think it was worth the time taken - it's such a sweet image. I love the little doggy, wagging his tail, while waiting patiently to give 'Snowman Santa' his Christmas wish list. Don't you just love his turtle-neck pullover.
A closer look at the side panel' decorative elements.
An even closer look at the flowers, and the tiny resin snowman.

The two front step panels with the 'dear santa' Sizzix die cut.
Inside the card, where I will write my greeting to my friend.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Sparkles Monthly #38 - 'Christmas Is Coming' (2nd entry)
Whimsy #53 - 'Traditional Christmas Colours' (3rd entry)
Penny Black and More -'Any Die Will Do' (3rd entry)
Cute Card Thursday #243 - 'Starry, Starry Night'
Passion for Promarkers #175 - 'Moon and Stars' (Top 5)
Crimbo Crackers #28 - 'Snowmen/Women'
Penny Black Saturday - 'Cute Christmas'
Milk Coffee - 'More Than One Fold'
Creatalicious #40 - 'Winter'
Image - Penny Black stamp 'Secret For Snowman Santa'
Colouring - Promarkers
Paper - Art Stamps Australia
Dies - Cheery Lynn 'Holly Flourish'; Marianne 'Poinsettia'; Spellbinders 'Plain' and 'Scalloped Rectangles'; Sizzix 'Christmas Advent Calender#3 ('dear santa'); 'Star' unknown (el cheapo shop)
Punches - Carl 'Holly'; Martha Stewart 'Branch'
Resin Snowman - packet of buttons by Dress It Up 'Have a Cool Yule'
Bells - Art Stamps Australia
Flowers, cord, Stickles, laser glitter - all from my junk stash

Thank you for visiting and leaving all your lovely comments...until next time, happy crafting.
Hugs,
Jennifer. x





14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Jennifer. I love the image and all those gorgeous bright colours. Great shape too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you've beautifully decorated this card with such pretty elements on all the panels and the image is adorable! thank you so much for playing along with our 'any die will do' theme at penny black and more this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stepper creation, love the embellishments you have used!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC card Jennifer & I'm sure you will to be a winner in some of those card challenges. Love all those gorgeous details too. See you soon. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely Christmas card Jennifer, the way you arranged the spray of flowers accentuates the shape really well.

    Thanks so much joining in our Any Die Will Do theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous festive card Jennifer, love all the details. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card you have created, Jennifer! I love all the details you have added and your colouring is fantastic!

    Thanks for playing along with Creatalicious winter challenge this month!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer,

    I found your blog through "Passion for Promarkers", and found your card totally adorable, and very inspiring. Thought I would stop by, introduce myself, and become a follower.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this is such a cute card! I love the design and sweet image. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Jennifer - the vintage PB image is amazing and I really love all your fantastic details, esp. the little snowman!!. Thanks for joining in with this month's Penny Black Saturday Challenge
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - fabulous details!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a gorgeous christmas card, love all the details! Thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps!
    Kim – Digital Designer x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.