Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 17 November 2012

Santa's Puppy

Hello fellow crafters,
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, and most probably preparing in some way for Christmas, be it shopping, card making/writing, even cooking. Gosh, it is approaching fast, isn't it.

Tonight I have a simple little card which I will send to my brother and sister-in-law. A few months ago, they lost both their little dogs suddenly, only 3 weeks apart (one was 13, and one was only 9).
The base card is from one of the multi packs, with a Christmas tree aperture, I bought several years ago. Some of my non-crafting friends commented once that "nothing is safe around you crafty people", and I answered proudly "that's great, isn't it" - the red, green and gold holly and ribbon background paper is for covering Christmas cake boards!                                   
Inside the card, showing the tree window. The blank cards were tri-fold cards, but for some I cut off one of the flaps.
The image is 'Santa's Puppy', a Whimsy digital stamp, coloured with Promarkers. It is the first digital stamp on which I have generously applied Stickles. If I apply Stickles to an image, I always do so after the card is completely assembled. However, this being a digital stamp, I learned a valuable lesson. That is, because the Stickles is waterbased, the ink of the image 'runs' when the two meet. I didn't want to discard the finished card, so applied tiny gems to the puppy's hat, but these only partly obscured the blurred ink. I know my brother won't mind, especially since he always 'bins' cards immediately after opening them.
A close-up of the Cheery Lynn 'Holly Flourish', and the poinsettia made with the 2 smallest petals of a Spellbinders die. 'Joy' is from a clear set of Kaisercraft clear stamps, cut out with deckle-edged scissors.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Whimsy #53 - 'Traditional Christmas Colouring' (2nd entry)
Crafty Sentiments - 'Christmas' (2nd entry)

I will catch up on visiting your blogs tomorrow night, as I am having trouble staying awake tonight. Until then, thank you for visiting.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

8 comments:

  1. Aww this is so cute Jennifer and ssshhh .. would never have known about the blurring at all if you hadn't mentioned it lol - it's not noticeable at all :-) Love how you have used up your stash - I wish I was that imaginative!
    hugs
    Pauline x
    PS yay I seem to be back online so should be able to reply to your lovely email at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Jennifer. Love the image, he's a cutie! Gorgeous colours and papers too. Love the poinsettia.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Sorry about the loss of both dogs, how sad, I am a huge dog lover and I lost 2 within a short time as well. Anyway, I love your coloring and gorgeous details. Thanks so much for playing at CRAFTY SENTIMENTS DESIGNS this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jennifer this is so lovely what a cute card well done
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge “Christmas” . Your card is fabulous well done and good luck Hugs Elaine .

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! love that puppy image! thanks so much for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Challenge good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Christma card -Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling Christmas card, it's so simple and sweet! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiment Designs Challenge!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable Jennifer !! I'm a dog lover and owner so this a card for me !! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.