Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 5 November 2012

Merry Bear

Hello fellow crafters,
Welcome to my newest followers, Aqualega, Chrissy and Solitary Star.

I can't believe it has been a week since my last post...where did that week go???? I heard yesterday on the radio that there are only 50 days remaining until Christmas. Between appointments, a birthday lunch for little Russell (Tiger) and his sister, Connie, and a trip to Sydney to the Paper Crafts Festival, I only managed to make another 4 Christmas cards.
This adorable little cutie is 'Merry Bear' by Stampavie. This is the first time he has seen ink, but I can guarantee it won't be the last - I love him. His neck ribbon appears to be a brighter red than IRL...it is more burgundy. There's yet another gold peel-off greeting sticker...I am trying to use up some of the large collection of them in my stash.
A close-up of  'Merry' and his gift, coloured with Promarkers.
Inside the card.
I photographed the card on a black background, but should have used white. I mentioned in a previous post that I had found lots of stash I had 'squirreled away' several years ago, then forgotten... this card is using some of it. At an 'after-Christmas' sale about 5 or 6 years ago I bought 4 packets of  blank cards & envelopes with tree apertures (2 burgundy, 2 dark green), and a damaged Christmas tree decoration (50 cents) which had about 2 metres of the fine burgundy nylon tinsel wound around it. It took ages to unravel it from the damaged wire frame which I binned. The script and striped DPs are I think, Bo Bunny, and the music paper is Kaisercraft (all several years old). The 3 dots are adhesive Nails, bought in London 2 years ago. This is also the first time I have used the lovely Cheery Lynn 'Holly Flourish' die.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
                          An Oldie But A Goodie - 'Spots and Stripes' (the stripes are obvious, but my dots are the 3 'nails'and on the music).
Penny Black and More - 'Any Die Will Do'
Penny Black Saturday - 'Cute Christmas'
I Love Promarkers #141 - 'Cute'

After hanging out some washing (it is so hot, it will be dry in an hour), I am off to make a few more Christmas cards, using a mixture of my 'un-hidden' stash, and some of the lovely dies I bought at the Paper Craft Festival on Friday. I also bought a 'Big Shot', as I think my dear little Cuttlebug is on the way out...I have had it for many years, so it doesn't owe me anything, but I will miss it. Do any of you become attached to a particular crafting tool??? I hadn't intended to buy the 'Big Shot', but the 'show special' price was ridiculously low - and they added a free embossing folder (my choice) to further sweeten the deal. I wonder if I will become attached to my Big Shot?

Happy crafting, and thank you for visiting,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

13 comments:

  1. A very pretty Christmas card Jennifer, thank you so much for joining in with our 'Any die would do' theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas card Jennifer. I love the cute bear and fabulous colours and layout.
    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, you really must stop telling us how hot it is. It's freezing here, lol. Love your card, the colouring is super and those are fabulous papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jennifer. Love that image and you have coloured him perfectly. Love the papers you have used. Have fun with your Big Shot. I just treat myself to an Ebosser, no more cranking handles
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUst GOrgeous! The cutest of images and I LOve
    your colours..
    Chrissyxx
    My Cuttlebug is also on 'it's way out' lol..
    but, I'm a creature of habit so when it leaves!!
    I will by another one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful! Loving that cute image, and the inside is so pretty too!
    Thanks for sharing at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute image and a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at penny black & more this month.
    Lynn x
    DTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super gorgeous as always Jennifer. Super sweet. I think I recognise that beautiful Holly flourish too!! Just devine. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, lovely stamp nicely decorated inside x
    Thank you for joining the Any Die Will Do challenge at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable Jennifer - that bear is so cute as to be amazing and your colouring is fab. Bad news dear I'm afraid ... your card isn't eligible for Penny Black Saturday Challenge this time as you haven't used a PB stamp ... though I'm sure the DT will surely enjoy looking at this adorable creation :-)
    Hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww so cute and gorgeous papers
    Thanks for joining us at OBAG this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...so sweet - what a cute bear!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.