Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday, 24 July 2012

John's Birthday

Hello fellow bloggers,

Last Monday it was John's birthday, and he won't mind me telling you that he was 65 y.o., which means he is now officially an O.A.P. (Old Aged Pensioner).  Oh dear, where is that baby-faced, skinny young man I married just on 40 years ago. Mind you, while he is no longer skinny, he is by no means a 'Roly-Poly', just a cuddly bunny.

That's enough embarrassment for him.....This is the card I made for him before we went to New Zealand, then hid it so well, I had to think very hard about where it was when we came back....who should be the O.A.P. I can hear you all saying.

I loved this stamp as soon as I saw it on the Penny Black site & had intended ordering it from my local shop, when John walked into our office, saw the image on the screen, and said "you have to buy that one". Well, what does a girl do when her fella tells her to spend money???? 

The stamp arrived in the middle of the Queen's Jubilee celebrations, so I used the bunting paper, my most regal border punch, and red, white and blue cardstock. I also added a touch of gold.

It is basically a very simple card, and didn't take very long to make at all.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges -
      Papertake Weekly - 'Make Your Own' (my own sentiment)
      Raise The Bar - 'Red, White and Blue'
      Truly, Madly, Crafty  - 'Animals'
      The Perfect Sentiment - 'Anything Goes'
      Ruby's Rainbow - 'Cute Animals'
      Divas By Design - 'Anything Goes'

Ingredients
Stamp - Penny Black 'London Calling'
Coloured with Promarkers
Cardstock - House of Paper, Bazzill
Paper - We R Memory Keepers 'Pennant Doodle', gold from my stash
Die - Spellbinder 'Scalloped Ovals'
Punch - Martha Stewart 'Iron Fence'
Sentiment - computer generated, font 'Beautiful ES'

Until next time, thanks for looking,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

12 comments:

  1. i love PB-images so much!

    your card is such a cute eye-candy!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the cute image - fab card
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Fab colours and I love the PB images.
    I hope John enjoyed his birthday.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, a PB, love it!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Cute Animal * challenge

    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous! Adorable images and love the window! So glad you could join us this week at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet as Jennifer. Tell John "Happy Birthday". Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Penny Black stamp set. I do not own it but I think it is so cute. I love your creation. It is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such sweet card Jennifer! Love this image, too cute :)
    Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card - love it!

    I have blog candy on my blog
    here
    if you want to enter!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11.   Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design.   Hop on over to Doing Life and stand a chance to win some lovely digi stamps. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous card, Jennifer! Love that sweet stamp. Thanks so much for entering our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.